College Tuition Benefit, through an arrangement with AmeriHealth New Jersey, is committed to helping you attract and retain employees with value‐added tools that help protect your employees' financial health and security. With College Tuition Benefit, you will stand apart from the competition by helping your employees pay for an eligible family member's education.
College Tuition Benefit® makes it possible for participating customers to provide their employees children, grandchildren nieces and nephews with guaranteed college scholarships at almost 40% of the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, NAICU.
Participants and employees and their students can use these scholarships at nearly 400 colleges in 45 states.
- 78% of families with children report their number one financial concern is the cost of a child's college education.1
- The greatest determinant of health and wellness in America is level of formal education.2
- As of 2015, 2.8 million Americans over the age of 60 had outstanding Student Loan Debt averaging $23,000 per person.3
- Employees routinely borrow from their retirement savings to put a child through college.
Debt and the cost of putting a child through college has a negative effect on health.
- People with high levels of debt stress are 3.6 times more likely to report possible stress-related illnesses (lower back and muscle pain, depression, anxiety, migraines, ulcers and digestive tract problems) than people reporting low levels of debt stress. AP-AOL Health Poll 2008
- Of those employees who responded, "I am in control of my finances," only 7% report their health is fair or poor. Of those who reported, "I live paycheck to paycheck," 52% reported their health is fair or poor. 2011 MetLife Employee Benefits Trend Study
- "There is a growing body of evidence that employee financial security is also good for the employer," and that "A financially healthy employee can save employers up to $2,000 a year through increased productivity and reduced healthcare costs." MetLife 2010 American Dream Study
There are very real and measurable health benefits to a college education.
Studies of NIH data, by University of Colorado, NYU and UNC - Chapel Hill indicate 554,525 lives a year would be saved if everyone in the nation had a college education. This savings in lives is far greater than any lives lost to a specific disease.
Analysis by researchers at The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania show a much lower smoking rate and greater compliance with Wellness programs among college graduates. Perna et. al. June 14, 2015.
The College Tuition Benefit®, CTB, is assisting American families number one financial and health concern - paying for a college education and achieving a healthy life.
- 2015 Gallup Financial concerns survey – 78% of families with children indicated their number one financial concern was the cost of a child’s college education
- NYU, CU, UNC analysis of NIH health data
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Talk to your broker or benefits consultant about how College Tuition Benefit can help control costs and attract and retain top performing employees.